What is Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression treatment is non-invasive and provides gentle decompression of the disc through the use of a decompression table. You are strapped to the table so that as it moves, it applies a distraction force to the targeted area of the spine (the compressed disc). A computer controls the distraction force, which is applied between periods of relaxation. This gently pulls the spine apart, elongating it and creating a negative pressure within the disc, creating a small vacuum within the disc which pulls nutrients and fluids back into the disc. Studies show that it creates a -100 mmHg within the disc, while standing creates a +100 mmHg and sitting creates a +140 mmHg. This negative pressure is what pulls fluid and nutrients back into the disc, thus increasing the disc height.
Much like a repetitive stress injury, the decompression works in very minute increments. But over time, that adds up and lets the disc reshape itself, heal and get the proper flow of nutrients going to fight off brittleness and future injuries.
The safest and non-invasive form of spinal decompression is when therapy is performed by a qualified professional using a decompression machine, which is especially effective for the treatment of herniated or bulging discs. This therapy can relieve back pain or neck pain. This treatment, spinal decompression therapy, normally takes from 15 to 24 treatment sessions.
Bulging discs, herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, pinched nerves, sciatica, and arm pain or leg pain can often be attributed to your spine asserting pressure on your discs. Poor posture, bad body mechanics, repetitive stress and acute injury can cause your vertebrae to compress your discs or to slip out of alignment, which then applies pressure to your discs.
Compressed discs lead to two major problems: a bulge or herniation pressing on a nerve and degeneration of the disc. The problem is often perpetuated because the compressed disc restricts the flow of nutrients to itself that are needed to heal.
Spinal Decompression Treatment with DRX9000 in East Brunswick, NJ
Do you suffer from musculoskeletal problems or debilitating lower back pain? The DRX9000 Spinal Decompression System is the non-surgical solution that will help your condition. The system was created with the intent of helping healthcare providers treat lumbar pain and other musculoskeletal problems without the need for surgery.
The DRX9000 is used to treat a number of back conditions, including:
• Herniated discs • Degenerative disc disease • Bulging or protruding intervertebral discs • Sciatica • Spinal Stenosis
Patients who have been treated with the DRX9000 report liberating relief from pain and other symptoms caused by these conditions.
Here’s what goes on with DRX9000 treatment:
- Decompressive forces are applied to your back where compressive and degenerative injuries affect the spine.
- Each session includes about 30 minutes on the DRX9000 and may be followed by an ice and interferential frequency therapy treatment lasting 15 minutes.
- A total of 20 treatments should take place over a six-week therapy period.
- For the first two weeks, daily sessions are recommended, followed by three sessions per week for the next two weeks and two sessions per week for the final two weeks.
- Depending on your condition, we may instruct you to wear a lumbar support belt and limit your activity during the first two weeks of treatment.
- During the third and fourth weeks of your therapy, light activity may be permitted.
If we find that your condition has improved by 50 percent at this point, you may be instructed to perform various lumbar stretching exercising. You perform these stretches at home in conjunction with receiving treatment according to the necessary regimen.